Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to create more realistic and believable characters for video games using AI programming techniques.Written for vice to experienced game developers, Emotion Notions: Modeling Personality in Game Character AI shows you how to model human personality, mood, and emotion into your video game characters. Adding personality to game characters allows them to portray intention, a necessary component of believability. You'll examine the theory and concepts behind video game artificial intelligence, such as believability, interaction, engagement, and immersion. Using 2D sprite-based games created with Microsoft XNA, you'll explore these game AI concepts in a simple game environment and learn how to apply them to all games. You'll learn how to model individuality, emotion, mood, and more to make your game characters more convincing and human-like as you work step-by-step through hands-on projects. All the source code and assets needed to complete the projects is included on the accompanying CD-ROM.
- Author BiographyDr. Erik Vick holds an M.S.C.S (UCF, 1998) and a Ph.D. in Modeling and Simulation specialized in Artificial Intelligence (UCF, 2005) and has extensive experience in artificial characters and game design, including a stint at Electronic Arts as a technical game designer, artificial intelligence researcher, and software engineer. Dr. Vick is an Assistant Professor in the Information Technology Department's Game Design and Development program at the Rochester Institute of Technology. He also served at the Chief Technical Officer for an international software company focused on mobile devices. He taught Computer Science at UCF from 1998 to 2000, and Digital Media Faculty from 2001 to 2004 and 2005 to 2007. Dr. Vick is the author of Emotion Notions: Modeling Personality in Game AI (Course Technology PTR).
- Author(s)Erik Vick
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notefigures
- Weight1280 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.