All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionBurrow inside an emotional abuser's head and find out why I... * am so charming one minute and a raging manic the next * blame you for everything * must stay in control all the time * belittle your feelings, opinions, or your accomplishments * try to punish you * never seem to support you * cut you down in front of friends and family * can't stop my behavior even if I wanted to * cause you to walk on eggshells around me * am angry so much of the time * don't provide your emotional needs * can't admit when I am wrong * expect so much of you * can't accept the word No Go on a revealing, first hand journey with a man, husband, and father who spent 33-years locked in the prison of emotional abuse, as it destroyed his 24-year marriage and crippled the woman and children he loves. Experience the awakening that hurled him through a nightmarish journey to the most inner core of his soul. Discover what he learned during five years of recovery as he put his emotionally destructive lifestyle behind him, and later, discovered that the horrors of his 33-year abusive life stemmed from events that happened as a teenager, following the unexpected death of his father. If you have a dysfunctional relationship or marriage, discover: * The motivations behind the abusive behavior * Whether there is hope for the relationship or if it is time to get out * Practical tips to heal should your spouse commit to get help Anyone trapped in a manipulative, controlling relationship full of anger, yelling, and arguments, yet who yearns to have a relationship and marriage full of love, emotional intimacy, and trust will gain insight and practical kwledge and guidance from this book. Answer the questions: * What role childhood plays in an abuser's life * How does a too-close relationship with mom affect a husband * What is the 'payoff' to abuse in marriage * Codependency and the role of the rescuer * What type of counseling won't work and which is best * How to kw if it's time to leave the relationship * How to tell if your mate is really changing * What is the Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde personality * What role anger plays in the abuse inflicted on others * What is Arrested Development and what role does it play * Root causes of abuse If you recognize even some of these traits within yourself, or someone you love, you owe it to you and to all those around you, your spouse, children, family, friends, and coworkers to read this book.
- Author BiographyAbuse was the enemy that plagued Austin for over two-thirds of his life, but through great sorrow, the ability came to him to transform himself from the ashes of defeat to a type of cleansing and healing that not only renews the spirit, but also allows it to soar to new heights. Join Austin on the most amazing journey of his life; walk with me through self-discovery, healing, and know there is hope for recovery. Austin currently lives in the Midwest and enjoys a quiet, abuse-free life, serving the Lord and helping men and women discover the truth about emotional abuse and ways to overcome it. He enjoys hiking, backpacking, writing, photography, and for the first time in his life, inner-peace.
- Author(s)Austin James
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.