All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if an equation could help you understand and even master what you're experiencing right w? In this age of uncertainty, many people feel like they're clinging to a dinghy amidst a perfect storm. But successful entrepreneur Chip Conley has discovered that by using simple word equations, it's easy to build the grit, insight, stamina and joy that allow us to become our best, highest-functioning selves. Conley's equations are a simple yet profound way to help your emotions work for you. They are mantras that we can turn to for stability in times of uncertainly, reminding us to focus on the things we can change ('the variables') and leave the others ('the constants') alone. Equations include: Joy = Love - Fear Anxiety = Uncertainty x Powerlessness Given the complex times we live in, people are looking for ways to distill some basic truths in life. Emotional Equations is a new, visual lexicon for mastering the age of uncertainty.
- Author BiographyChip Conley is the author of PEAK: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow (Jossey-Bass, 2007) and CEO of Joie de Vivre Hospitality, America's second largest boutique hotel company. He has presented the ideas in this book at a TED conference address in 2010.
- Author(s)Chip Conley
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight194 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.