All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot available from JKP in Australia or New Zealand How can we build children's self-esteem and sense of well being? This book aims to guide teachers, youth workers, counsellors and parents through a range of accessible personal development exercises for children and adolescents, introducing relaxation, visualisation and meditation skills. There are step-by-step guidelines for planning, presenting and integrating inner-life skills programs in-group work as well as family and group communication games. Readers will learn new methods for teaching relaxation and quiet inner focus, movement meditations, and exercises that develop emotional, spiritual and intellectual awareness and self-esteem. These exercises aim to help students gain new-found creativity, a language to articulate their feelings, and skills for attaining a calm and balanced outlook.
- Author BiographyMark Pearson is the author of several books on Expressive Therapies. He has been conducting training courses in Expressive Therapies, Emotional Release and Sandplay Therapy around Australia, New Zealand and Asia since 1989. Originally a primary school teacher, he has conducted individual and group programs for emotionally disturbed children and adolescents. He holds a Masters degree in Education, majoring in Behaviour Management, a Diploma in Emotional Release Counselling and has completed further studies in Transpersonal Psychology with Dr Stanislav Grof. He now works internationally as a psychotherapy and counselling trainer through the Expressive Therapies Institute of Australia (www.expressivetherapies.com.au) and for the Australian Council for Educational Research.
- Author(s)Mark Pearson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteglossary, indexes
- Weight453 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.