All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an informative and practical guide to using the mind to improve health, resilience, and well-being, drawn from cognitive and positive psychology and related fields. It includes 50 practical activities for improving well-being - many tried and tested methods for coping with emotional, mental, and physical difficulties. All these practices have evolved from research into our innate mental resources and the strong links between our thinking, emotions, and behavior. You can learn how to use these resources and connections in many positive ways to enhance your physical health, lower stress levels, cope with anxiety, worry, & anger, break negative habits, boost your confidence and motivation, improve your relationships, and reach peak performance in your life. Each title in the series will include: Questions and Answer format about the medical definition/description of the condition; the source/causes; details of symptoms; available cure/treatment; and societal issues or public opinion such as legal issues, social/psychological ramifications, etc; case studies, practical advice integrated throughout; animations, figures, and photos to support, explain topics under discussion. In electronic versions these items are integrated as hyperlinks and pop-ups throughout the text. It offers resources including Web sites, articles, blogs, and books that offer additional information on each subject. It includes a companion DVD with animations, color figures from the book, Web links, animations, etc.
- Author BiographyEmily Gajewski is a registered occupational therapist, a Fellow of The Human Givens Institute, and she has worked in a wide range of mental health settings for over 13 years as a therapist, trainer, and supervisor. Jan Alcoe, a registered hypnotherapist and trainer, runs workshops and retreats on coping with cancer, well-being, coping with anxiety and stress, values, and spirituality in health care.
- Author(s)Emily Gajewski,Jan Alcoe
- PublisherMercury Learning & Information
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleMy Modern Health Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercury Learning & Information
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.