All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionEmotional intelligence is a very popular concept since it was made kwn to the general public in 1995. However, it was under severe criticisms among scientific researchers and a lot of them did t believe that it should be accepted by scientists as true kwledge. The author of this book, who is one of the pioneers in this topic, spent sixteen years to study this concept. Together with other researchers, they gradually changed the conclusion of early researchers. Using rigorously scientific standards, this research team demonstrated that emotional intelligence is an intelligence dimension that has significant impact on various life outcomes such as life satisfaction and job performance. They developed testable theoretical framework for emotional intelligence in the workplace, and attempted to show that the trainability of emotional intelligence is larger than traditional intelligence concept. The book looks at, t only the scientific reports, but all the stories behind some of the rigorous scientific studies in the author's 18-year journey. Their choice of research designs and how the designs are suitable to provide scientific evidence to demonstrate the validity of emotional intelligence are also described. Through this book, the process of scientific enquiry and important issues concerning the emotional intelligence concept are revealed in details by vivid stories and rigorous scientific reports.
- Author BiographyChi-sum WONG is a professor in the Department of Management of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He received his PhD from the University of Purdue. His major research areas include emotional intelligence, career guidance, localization of human resources in China, Chinese management concepts, and research methodology.
- Author(s)Chi-Sum Wong
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 61 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.