All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionEducators worldwide claim that as their pupils learn to control their emotional behaviour their learning improves drastically. Since 2005, the DCSF in the UK has been recommending that all primary schools incorporate emotional intelligence into all lessons. The SEAL approach (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) has also been implemented in secondary schools making emotional literacy a key topic for all teachers. This book tackles the main issues and shows teachers exactly how they can use emotional intelligence to make a real difference to their student's literacy and overall learning abilities.Ensuring that children leave school emotionally literate is becoming of increasing concern in the UK, with the introduction of initiatives in both primary and secondary education. This highly practical text provides teachers with strategies and engaging classroom activities which will help teachers to develop their pupils emotional literacy.This highly practical series contains a wide range of books of importance to teachers, trainees and NQTs. Each book is packed with ready-to-use activities to be used in the classroom. They are quick and easy to dip into: each technique is presented on the left-hand page, and the facing right-hand page shows a practical activity to put that technique into practice.
- Author BiographyDavid Spendlove is lecturer in Education at the School of Education, University of Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)David Spendlove
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/11/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIdeas in Action
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.