All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A charming, sound, sane map to the world of emotions, the perfect guide' Daniel Goleman, author of EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. Using 40 years of groundbreaking research, Paul Ekman explores why and when we become emotional and what happens when we do - the external signs and facial expressions. So much of what we communicate is n-verbal. In this very practical book, Paul Ekman helps the reader to observe the underlying, concealed emotions that we can observe in those around us, and understand why our bodies react in the ways they do. EMOTIONS REVEALED also helps the reader to identify why they might feel 'overly' emotional in some situations, and why some people wear their heart on their sleeve whilst others manage to conceal their feelings, even from those close to them. Chapters include 'When do we get emotional?', 'Changing what we become emotional about' as well as 'Anger', 'Fear', 'Surprise' and 'Happiness'. Most importantly, it shows how we can apply this understanding to everyday situations to improve our quality of life.
- Author BiographyPaul Ekman is a professor of psychology at the University of California and a world-renowned expert on facial expression, deception and emotion. He has consulted on and appeared in many television programmes in the UK and US and is the author or editor of 14 books and over 100 scientific papers.
- Author(s)Paul Ekman
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication03/06/2004
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Note150
- Weight284 g
- Width133 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.