All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionEMP Protection Plans & Options (subtitle: for families, Communities, Regions, and the Nation) do t yet exist for America. Although the Internet is replete with Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) articles, media, videos, etc. and its cataclysmic outcome ares are well kwn, national EMP protection plan is yet available. Since the abdication of the Government's EMP fiduciary responsibility of protection plans continue, the EMP Survivalist and Preppers have already prepared for their own limited survival. Limited, because they are without electricity, have post-EMP burned-out electronics, and nearly everything doesn't work. Survival with some degree of recovered lifestyle, greatly increases with (1) EMP preparation group size (circle-the wagon concept) instead of limited to single family with one else to share loads, costs and survival, (2) long-distance provisioning for vitals replenishments, and (3) protected operational solar rooftops for electricity for lighting, water pumps, fans, communications, etc. The major plan, is orchestrated at state level and executed at county level in two phases. Phase I, two years, is building of eight EMP protected villages in different parts of the country (one or two are constructed with fed funds if location is adjacent to a DoD or DoE field laboratory). A museum and training theater at each location allow visitors from other counties to become kwledgeable and trained. This develops prototypes or templates for regions and nationwide EMP protection, and raises awareness with brochures, planning documents, webinars, seminars and talk shows. Phase II, lasts eight years and implements EMP protection more than for a thousand counties (out of a total 3,142 US counties) utilizing lessons learned during Phase I. Financing is mostly from sale of local county and corporate bonds ( fed subsidies are needed). Half of the homeowners are expected to have a small EMP protected escape cottage averaging $50k/site (each site gets free electricity). This investment (also serving as an escape, weekend entertainment center) costs about $1 trillion for 25% national participation. This also generates many new products & services and produces 43 million job-years or an average of 5.4 million jobs per year for 8 years a truly win-win-win situation. This EMP protection treatise handbook: 275 pages; 17 Chapters; 197 image illustrations + supporting CD.
- Author BiographyAbout the author, Donald R.J. White Don White, registered professional engineer, retd., holds BSEE and MSEE degrees from the University of Maryland. He is past CEO of three Electro-magnetic Compatibility companies in metro Washington, D.C. Don has written and published 16 technical books over a span of of 35 years. His largest book was The EMC, Telecom and Computer Encyclopedia, an 800-page compendium. At Don White Consultants, he published bimonthly trade journal called EMC Technology magazine circulated over four continents. He trained 14,000 engineers in 29 countries over 23 years. He received IEEE awards for creating automatic spectrum scanning systems, and advances in education. He is past president of IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility Society. He is listed in Who's Who in EMC.
- Author(s)Don White
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.