All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a subtly transgressive vel about identity, sexual politics and self-esteem. This is a beautifully written vel about the fluidity of desire, and how people damaged by love can still be transformed by it. Provocative, observant and daring, this 1992 vel by one of America's pre-eminent lesbian writers and thinkers is being reissued for the first Little Sisters Classics series. Anna O is a loner in New York, an office temp obsessed with a mysterious woman in white leather; Doc is a post-Freudian psychiatrist who hands out business cards to likely neurotics on street corners and is looking for his own personal fulfilment. They befriend each other in the netherworld of the Lower East Side, two unlikely people drawn together by their confusion about and empathy for the world around them and each other.
- Author BiographySarah Schulman is the author of 10 books, including the novels Rat Bohemia (1995), Shimmer (1998) and The Child (forthcoming). Her non-fiction work includes Stagestuck: Theater, AIDS. She has won a Guggenheim Fellowship and two American Library Association Gay & Lesbian Book Awards.
- Author(s)Sarah Schulman
- PublisherArsenal Pulp Press
- Date of Publication24/11/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleLittle Sister's Classics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArsenal Pulp Press
- Weight305 g
- Width139 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.