Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Britain's most impressive monuments, Hadrian's Wall is w a prime attraction for visitors who enjoy the excitement of walking through the spectacular scenery of its 'corridor' and its visible history. This book of captioned pictures explores a sweep of the most attractive part of its course, from Heddon-on-the-Wall to Birdoswald, followed by carefully selected images of its main components such as wall, ditch, vallum, forts, milecastles, turrets, bridges and roads that mark its regular course. They include the results of recent excavations that each year add to our understanding of it. Taken over many years and at different seasons, these images illustrate why so many people find the Wall so attractive.
- Author BiographyDr Stan Beckensall, experienced public speaker and holder of numerous academic qualifications and awards, is the highly-respected author of many books on Northumberland, prehistory, drama and poetry. From an extensive archive of hundreds of slides, prints and digital images of the Wall zone he has selected samples that will help many visitors attain a better understanding of the area. He has lived in Northumberland since 1966 and in Hexham since 1977.
- Author(s)Stan Beckensall
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note243
- Weight431 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.