All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.54
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionDespite only existing for two centuries, the Aztec managed to found their civilization on an island in the Valley of Mexico, link causeways to the mainland, develop far-reaching trade agreements, and build Techtitlan, one of the world's largest cities at the time of the Spanish invasion. Today, many people living in Mexico can trace their roots back to the Aztec Empire, which serves as a bridge between the modern and ancient worlds. Empire of the Aztec opens with a summary of the rise and fall of the empire, placing it within the context of its time period and geographical location. The second half of this new book explores the daily lives of the Aztec people, focusing on their social customs, religious practices, family and community structure, and cultural accomplishments, and includes primary sources to offer firsthand accounts. The volume concludes with the legacy of the Aztec and how it is maintained today.
- Author BiographyBarbara A. Somervill is a professional children's nonfiction writer with more than 150 published titles. She is the author of Electrical Circuits, Plant Reproduction, and several titles on recovering animal species, as well as a series on insects and another on mammals under the pseudonym Sophie Lockwood. Somervill is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and the North Carolina Writer's Network.
- Author(s)Barbara A. Somervill
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleGreat Empires of the Past
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour photographs & illustrations, maps, sidebars, chronology, bibliography, further resources, glossary, index
- Weight499 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.