All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionEmpirical and Experimental Methods in Cognitive/Functional Research consists of selected papers from the seventh meeting of the Conceptual Structure, Discourse, and Language Conference, held at the University of Alberta in October 2004. The papers fall into five main categories, reflecting the cognitive and functional orientation of the conference: reciprocity between lexis and syntax, semantic factors affecting form patterning, grammaticalization of basic verbs, form/meaning pairings in discourse, and experimental investigations of language/mind and language/use interactions. In addition, a plenary paper by Nick Evans on complex events, propositional overlay, and the special status of reciprocal clauses is included.
- Author BiographySally Rice is the Landrex Distinguished Professor in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Alberta. John Newman is professor in and chair of the Department of Linguistics at the University of Alberta.
- PublisherCLSI Publications
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- Series TitleConceptual Structure in Discourse and Language
- Place of PublicationStanford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCLSI Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJohn Newman,Sally Rice
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.