All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionEmployed for Life: 21st-Century Career Trends is the first book to explore career development from the viewpoints of firm managers, HR professionals, recruiters, job seekers, and employees. It examines such topics as new developments in recruiting and career development; the ways social, cultural, and techlogical forces have changed careers; and best practices for job hunting and career planning. The authors use primary and secondary research to provide insight on how the nature of work has changed and what that means for individuals' career plans. Employed for Life shares career advice from recruiters and HR professionals and provides a framework that readers can use to ensure lifelong employment. Some of the questions answered in this book include: How are the new demographics of the United States changing the way we work? How will longevity impact career planning? Is techlogy creating more jobs than it destroys? What are HR professionals doing to address talent management in the 21st century? What insights can recruiters provide to help employees navigate a dynamic marketplace? How are employees finding work in a difficult job market? How can individuals plan for a career that could last 50 years or longer?
- Author BiographyDr. Tracey Wilen is a prominent thought leader on the impact of technology on society and careers. A former visiting scholar at Stanford University's Media X program and a former Silicon Valley executive, she is the author of 11 books, including Women Lead: Career Perspectives from Workplace Leaders. Dr. Courtney L. Vien is a freelance writer and editor based in Durham, North Carolina. A former senior editor for the Apollo Research Institute, she is the author of five books, including Women Lead: Career Perspectives from Workplace Leaders, and numerous web and print articles, reports, and white papers. Gary Daugenti is the president and founder of the executive search firm Gent & Associates. He has over 20 years of recruiting experience and over 25 years of business experience in technology and management consulting.
- Author(s)Courtney L. Vien,Gary Daugenti,Tracey Wilen
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.