Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides basic answers to a wide range of questions about self-directed teams: how they work; what makes them effective; when they are and aren't worth using; how to get them going; and how to maintain their vigour and productivity over the long haul. Drawing on a survey of 500 organizations that are using self-directed teams (conducted jointly with the Association for Quality and Participation and Industry Week ), the authors reveal how organizations of all kinds - blue-collar and white-collar, established operations and new businesses - are using teams to improve quality, productivity, and morale. They provide hands-on guidance in designing, implementing and maintaining self-directed teams, including ways to address challenges inherent in the empowerment process, such as the need for extensive training and new leadership roles.
- Author BiographyRICHARD S. WELLINS is senior vice president of programs and marketing for Development Dimensions International (DDI). WILLIAM C. BYHAM, author of the best-selling ZAPP! The Lightning of Empowerment, is president and co-founder of DDI. JEANNE M. WILSON leads DDI's Employee Development Group.
- Author(s)Jeanne M. Wilson,Richard S. Wellins,William C. Byham
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/1991
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/08/2001
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight569 g
- Width158 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.