All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionWith this study, Menzies sets a new standard for pneumatology. Beginning with an overview of the pneumatological perspectives of intertestamental Judaism (including literature from the Diaspora, Palestinian, Qumran and rabbinic sources), the first section concludes that for the most part these sources 'consistently identify experience of the Spirit with prophetic inspiration'. The next section aims to uncover Luke's distinctive pneumatology, employing a redaction critical method of analysis in order to illustrate Luke's similarly consistent portrayal of the Spirit as the source of prohetic inspiration, rather than as the source of Christian existence. The final section goes on to explore how this conclusion impacts on contemporary theological reflection and spiritual life. Robert P. Menzies is Lecturer in New Testament at Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Baguio City, Philippines.
- Author BiographyRobert P. Menzies is Lecturer in New Testament and Director of the China Studies Program at Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Baguio City, Philippines.
- Author(s)Robert Menzies
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/10/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.