All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $23.80
About this product
- DescriptionThe home-school connection is important to student literacy achievement. However, it can be time-consuming to develop and implement programming that keeps families engaged and involved. Empowering Families makes it easier to accomplish these goals! Chock-full of step-by-step plans for arranging a variety of parent/caregiver meetings and literacy booster events, the book enables educators to get families involved in their children's learning in ways that are fun and n-intimidating. By hosting these events at your school, you'll be empowering families to...* read aloud to their children at home; * minimize the summer slide; * encourage male involvement in literacy; * help their children avoid homework hassles; * and much, much more! Bonus: The book includes ready-to-use handouts for your events, such as anuncement sheets, follow-up evaluations, and tipsheets that describe ways parents can reinforce literacy at home. These handouts are photocopiable and the tipsheets are also available for easy download from our website at www.routledge.com/9781138803114. Spanish versions of the tipsheets are available on our website as well.
- Author BiographyJudy Bradbury has taught reading and writing to students from preschool through high school, as well as graduate-level literacy courses. She presents widely at conferences and offers professional development on topics of literacy. Susan E. Busch has over 25 years of experience as a reading specialist in New York. Now retired from teaching, she continues to present family literacy workshops and offer consulting to school districts.
- Author(s)Judy Bradbury,Susan E. Busch
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.