All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the provision in Children's and Young People's Services endures much change and turbulence, the calling for well qualified and critically reflective practitioners remains ever present. This invative and accessible core textbook explores the key themes, ideas, concepts and topics that are central to practitioners working across the 0-19 sector. It aims to help students develop the professional kwledge, practical skills and core values they need to work effectively with children and young people. Clearly divided into four sections; the practitioner, the learner, the workplace and the community, the book covers a broad range of issues including: * The different roles and responsibilities of the workforce * Multi-agency working and its challenges * Working with parents, carers and the community * Supporting children with additional needs and meeting the needs of gifted learners * Work-based reflective practice * Language learning and communication At each stage the book facilitates opportunities for personal and professional reflection, discussion, debate and action through case studies, activities, reflective tasks, areas for further consideration, and antated further readings. The text also features a glossary of terms and links to practice standards. The book is supported by a free companion website featuring instructor resources such as assignable case studies, reflective tasks and activities, tables and figures from the book available to download, and sample chapters from the book; and student resources including helpful links to further information, links to relevant video material, and an interactive flashcard glossary. Empowering the Children's and Young People's Workforce seeks to empower the reader by supporting their initial and continuing professional development, enabling them to positively influence provision for children and young people. It is essential reading for anyone studying or working in this sector.
- Author BiographySimon Brownhill (editor) is a Senior Teaching Associate in the Faculty of Education at the University of Cambridge. Deborah Hussain, Debrah Turner, Helen Wilson, Lesley Faulconbridge, Lynn Senior, Mabel Ann Brown, Mike Jackson, Rosemary Shepherd and Sarah McMullen are all based at the University of Derby.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/01/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited bySimon Brownhill
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.