All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionHow have the Aluni Valley Duna people of Papua New Guinea responded to the challenges of colonial and post-colonial changes that have entered their lifeworld since the middle of the Twentieth-Century? Living in a corner of the world influenced by mining companies but relatively neglected in terms of government-sponsored development, these people have dealt creatively with forces of change by redeploying their own mythological themes about the cosmos in order to make claims on outside corporations and by subtly combining features of their customary practices with forms of Christianity, attempting to empower their past as a means of confronting the future.
- Author BiographyAuthor Pamela J. Stewart: Pamela J. Stewart is Senior Research Associate in Anthropology at the University of Pittsburgh, USA.
- Author(s)Andrew J. Strathern,Dr Pamela J. Stewart
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/08/2004
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleContemporary Anthropology of Religion
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.