All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidered the classic source in its field, DIRECT SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE: THEORY AND SKILLS prepares you for effective real-world practice. Packed with case examples, illustrations, and proven learning experiences from the authors and other social work practitioners, the book integrates the major theories and skills that direct social work practitioners need to understand and master. Part of the Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series, the tenth edition is completely up to date and thoroughly integrates the core competencies and recommended practice behaviors outlined in the 2015 Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS) set by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Author BiographyGlenda Dewberry Rooney is a Professor Emeritus in the Department of Social Work at Augsburg College in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She taught undergraduate and graduate courses in direct practice, ethics, and research as well as courses in organizations and administration. Her practice experience includes child welfare, mental health, and work with families and children. In addition to her practice experience, she has been involved in community-based research and has worked with agencies concerned with children, youth, and families as a trainer and as a clinical, program, and management consultant. Active in retirement, Dr. Rooney continues to be an advocate for child welfare policies and practices that strengthen and support families. She served as a state-wide leader involved in developing community partnerships for the public education during the enrollment periods of the Affordable Care Act. Kim Strom-Gottfried is a Professor at the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work, where she teaches in the areas of direct practice, communities and organizations, and human resource management. Dr. Strom-Gottfried's scholarly interests involve ethics, managed care, and social work education. She provides training and consultation and research related to private practice, ethics, and managed care. Highly respected social work educators, Dean H. Hepworth and Jo Ann Larsen originally defined how direct practice should be taught. Ronald Rooney is a Professor in the School of Social Work at the University of Minnesota. A practitioner in child welfare, community mental health, and school social work, Dr. Rooney is also the author of STRATEGIES FOR WORK WITH INVOLUNTARY CLIENTS. He was the 2004 winner of the Academic Leadership Award of the College of Human Ecology, University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Dean Hepworth,Glenda Dewberry Rooney,Kim Strom-Gottfried,Ronald H. Rooney
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width211 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.