All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrating the latest accreditation standards and practices from the field, the eighth edition of bestselling SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIAL WELFARE gives readers a solid understanding of the social work profession and the role the profession plays in the social welfare system. In keeping with the current Council on Social Work Education's Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards, the book presents a generalist practice perspective in addressing social welfare issues within the context of the systems/ecological framework, the overarching framework used by generalist practitioners as they intervene to address social welfare needs at the individual, family, group, organization, community, and societal levels. Illustrating that there are many reasons why social problems occur, the book explores the history, values, and ecomic, political and cultural factors that surround these issues, as well as the attempts to solve or address them. Completely current, the eighth edition also includes updates on such key issues as health care, mental health, immigration, and criminal justice.
- Author BiographyGuy Shuttlesworth, a noted gerontology authority, is a professor emeritus from the University of Texas at Austin, where he taught policy and practice courses as well as developed a gerontology program. His research interests include long-term care and rural America. Joseph Heffernan taught policy and research courses at the University of Texas at Austin before retiring. He has significant macro-level experience with policy analysis, with particular emphasis on poverty and economic issues relating to social welfare. Rosalie Ambrosino is professor and interim chair of the Department of Social Work at the University of Texas at San Antonio, where she teaches policy and cultural competence. She previously taught research, human behavior, and practice courses in child welfare. She also served on the faculty and as head of the BSW Program at the University of Texas at Austin for 18 years. Dr. Ambrosino has extensive social work experience in settlement houses/community centers, child welfare, school social work, and administration. She received her Ph.D. at the University of Texas at Austin, her master's degree at Antioch University, and her bachelor's degree at the University of Minnesota. Robert Ambrosino is a lecturer at the University of Texas at San Antonio. A seasoned instructor in policy, research, community practice courses, and transformational leadership, he has also taught at St. Edwards University in Austin and the University of Texas at Austin. With his extensive experience in macro practice, Dr. Ambrosino served as deputy commissioner of the Texas Department of Human Services, developed Texas food stamp electronic benefits cards, and worked as executive director of a statewide Texas nonprofit family and youth services agency. He received his Ph.D. from State University of New York at Albany and his bachelor's degree from Siena College.
- Author(s)Guy Shuttlesworth,Joseph Heffernan,Robert Ambrosino,Rosalie Ambrosino
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width211 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.