All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pinnacle of Buddhism's understanding of reality is the emptiness of all things. Exploring reality towards the realization of emptiness is shockingly radical. It uncovers an exhilarating freedom with where to stand, while engendering a loving joy that engages the world. This path-breaking book employs the emptiness teachings in a fresh, invative way. Goode and Sander don't rely solely on historical models and meditations. Instead, they have created over eighty original meditations on the emptiness of the self, issues in everyday life, and spiritual paths. These meditations are guided both by Buddhist insights and cutting-edge Western tools of inquiry, such as positive psychology, neuroscience, linguistic philosophy, deconstruction, and scepticism. The result is a set of liberating and usable tools for Buddhists and n-Buddhists alike.
- Author BiographyDr. Greg Goode is known for a unique combination of penetrating insight, comfort with both Eastern and Western sources, and a down-to-earth sense of humor. He is the author of Standing as Awareness, Nondualism in Western Philosophy and many popular articles. Greg studied psychology at the University of California, and philosophy at the University of Rochester and the Universitat zu Koln. He became drawn to self-inquiry initially through the work of Brand Blanshard, George Berkeley, the Chinmaya Mission and Arsha Vidya Gurukulam. Greg's spiritual search came to its sweet conclusion through the Direct-Path influences of Francis Lucille and Sri Atmananda. Greg is a member of the American Philosophical Practitioners Association and serves as the technical consultant for their peer-reviewed journal, Philosophical Practice.
- Author(s)Greg Goode,Tomas Sander
- PublisherNon-Duality Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSalisbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNon-Duality Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width230 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.