All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe <i><b>2016 Edition</b></i>of <i><b>The EMTALA Answer Book</b></i> shows how the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) affects t only emergency physicians but on-call physicians, specialists, and hospitals. And it shows how the feds have stepped up enforcement against EMTALA violations. </p> But most importantly, <i><b>The EMTALA Answer Book</b></i> shows you how to meet these medical duties, stave off these legal threats, and avoid fines, bad publicity, and exclusion from Medicare. </p> Some of the questions that <i><b>The EMTALA Answer Book</b></i> addresses include: </p><ul><li> Does HIPAA affect a hospital's EMTALA obligations? </li><li> Must a receiving hospital with specialized capabilities accept an EMTALA patient who had been admitted as an inpatient at ather hospital? </li><li> Can a physician be on call at more than one facility simultaneously? </li><li> Are community call plans allowed by EMTALA? </li><li> Can a hospital compensate on-call physicians specifically for treating patients who are indigent or uninsured? </li><li> And many more! </li></ul></p>
- Author(s)Jeffrey C Moffat
- PublisherAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.