Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $395.79+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionStudents learn best when they are connecting- with authentic culture, with each other as a community, and with the language as used in real-world settings. En avant! sparks the curiosity that builds these connections as students drive toward communicative and cultural confidence and proficiency in the introductory classroom. The En avant! program is built around the following distinctive principles: Focused approach: En avant! concentrates on what introductory French students can be reasonably expected to learn, allowing for sustained engagement with the material that respects the natural process of language acquisition. A reduced grammar scope leaves more time for the systematic review and recycling of vocabulary and grammar required for students to achieve mastery of first-year skills. Grammar topics that were deemed of secondary importance by our many reviewers are presented in the Par la suite section at the end of the book to allow maximum flexibility for those instructors who wish to extend their coverage of the grammar. Fortifying the acquisition process at every turn is LearnSmart(TM), evolutionary adaptive techlogy that builds a learning experience unique to each student's individual needs. Through LearnSmart, students engage in targeted vocabulary and grammar practice so they are prepared to come to class ready to communicate. Active learning: En avant! gives students the opportunity to explore language and culture through interactive activities that keep them focused and engaged. Vocabulary and grammar in En avant! is taught using an active learning approach, nudging students to discover new vocabulary and language rules through a carefully balanced mix of inductive and explicit presentations and hands-on learning in the Communication en direct video section that begins each chapter, as well as in the Vocabulaire interactif and Grammaire interactive presentations. Integration of culture: Building on the active learning theme, students develop and apply critical-thinking skills in their analysis of the cultural trends and cultural products that are richly presented in En avant! The Communication en direct videos allow students to t only hear the language but to observe how the language is spoken in a cultural context. Vocabulary and grammar are often presented or practiced within a cultural context, and throughout each chapter, students are encouraged to make cross-cultural comparisons by responding to the thought-provoking questions such as those posed in the new Et chez vous? feature that accompanies the Chez les Francais and Chez les Francophones texts. The culminating section of the chapter Culture en direct presents culture at the discourse level through cultural video presentations, authentic texts, feature-film clips, and songs, all related to the chapter theme. The stunning Salut de...video segments, shot in Paris, Montreal, Louisiana, Tunisia, and Tahiti, also provide windows into the diverse cultures of the Francophone world. Mobile Tools for Digital Success: Connect French, McGraw-Hill's digital teaching and learning environment, is w mobile enabled for tablets, allowing students to engage in their course material via the devices they use every day. The digital tools available in the Connect French platform facilitate student progress by providing extensive opportunities to practice and hone their developing skills. These learning opportunities include online communicative activities, instant feedback, peer-editing writing tools, sophisticated reporting, and a complete e-book with embedded audio, video, and grammar tutorials. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective. *Connect French, including but t limited to the workbook/lab manual, LearnSmart, the video program, and chat tools, is sold separately and doe
- Author BiographyBruce Anderson is a Lecturer in French at The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) where he teaches undergraduate courses on French language and culture. From 2002-2010 he served as the coordinator for beginning- and intermediate-level French courses at the University of California, Davis, where he additionally trained new graduate student instructors in foreign language pedagogy. He holds a Ph.D. in French Linguistics from Indiana University, Bloomington. His research on the acquisition of French as a second language has been published in Applied Linguistics, Second Language Research, and Studies in Second Language Acquisition, among other venues.
- Author(s)Annabelle Dolidon,Bruce Anderson
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1433 g
- Width215 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Student Manual/Study Guide
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.