All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't want to go to war on this, Tom. I mean, t w. Not after everything. You don't want to lose more than you can afford. Brad Birch (Pinter Commission winner, 2016) takes Ibsen's An Enemy of the People into the centre of a very modern scandal. How does Tom Stockmann keep both people and press on side when he makes a discovery about the town's prestigious new Spa? A taut and rigorous adaptation of Ibsen's classic play, En Folkfiende examines the faultlines of municipal power as media, politics and the public good come head to head in a thrilling drama of the conflict between the personal and the public. En Folkefiende premiered at Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in May 2016 ahead of a production at the Pleasance, Edinburgh, in August 2016.
- Author BiographyBrad Birch is the writer in residence at Undeb Theatre and on attachment at the Royal Shakespeare Company. Brad's work has been produced by Theatre Powys, Sherman Cymru, Theatre503, Dirty Protest, the Royal Court, the Arcola and the Lyric. Brad is a graduate of the Royal Court's Young Writers' Programme and subsequent progressions including the prestigious Supergroup and was a member of Sherman Cymru's New Writers' and Advanced Writers' groups in 2010, and afterwards one of Theatre503's Five . His plays Even Stillness Breathes Softly Against a Brick Wall (2013) and The Brink (2016) are published by Bloomsbury Methuen Drama in 2013, while Gardening: For the Unfulfilled and Alienated features in Contemporary Welsh Plays (Bloomsbury Methuen Drama, 2015).
- Author(s)Brad Birch
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight75 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.