Enabling Lives: Biographies of Six Prominent Americans with Disabilities by Taylor & Francis Inc (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionEnabling Lives provides a look at the disability civil rights movement through an intimate portrayal of the lives of several of its key leaders. Each of the chapters of this book is a separate authorized biography of such prominent figures as Frank Bowe, Tony Coelho, Justin Dart, Judy Heumann, Evan Kemp, and Harold Russell. Enabling Lives provides t only an accurate historical record of key moments in the development of civil rights for individuals with disabilities, but also invites the reader to become acquainted with the individuals who helped to shape the movement and to view history in the making through the eyes of those who were helping to create it. Each of the book's subjects has provided countless hours of interviews, recollections and war stories into the making of this important work, helping to create a legacy that hopefully will be carried on by the current and future leaders of the movement.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/09/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note17 black & white halftones
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byBrian T. McMahon,Linda R. Shaw
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.