All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEncaustic art is an ancient art form, wadays practised by using a hot iron and other tools with molten wax on a n-absorbent surface. Internationally rewned expert, Michael Bossom, explains how to get started, from the tools needed to the basic techniques of smoothing, dabbing, marking and working with the point of the iron, and beyond, to creating simple abstracts, impressive landscapes, fantasy paintings and more. Clear instructions, helpful tips and step by step photographs build the reader's skills, working from simple techniques through to impressive effects with wax. Finally, learn indirect wax transfer methods to produce beautiful, delicate works of art. Perfect for beginners to encaustic art, with plenty to inspire experienced artists to hone their skills and branch out.
- Author BiographyMichael Bossom has successfully developed a wax painting company - 'Arts Encaustic'. He sells, promotes and demonstrates his products nationally and internationally.
- Author(s)Michael Bossom
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleSearch Press Classics
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note130 colour illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width204 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.