All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the subject of emotional speech, especially its encoding and decoding process during interactive communication, based on an improved version of Brunswik's Lens Model. The process is shown to be influenced by the speaker's and the listener's linguistic and cultural backgrounds, as well as by the transmission channels used. Through both psycholinguistic and phonetic analysis of emotional multimodality data for two typologically different languages, i.e., Chinese and Japanese, the book demonstrates and elucidates the mutual and differing decoding and encoding schemes of emotional speech in Chinese and Japanese.
- Author BiographyProfessor Aijun Li is the director of Laboratory of Phonetics and Speech Science, Institute of linguistics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. Her academic interests include speech prosody, first and second language acquisition especially on phonetic aspects, emotional and expressive speech analysis. She obtained Bachelor and Master in CS from Tianjin University, Tianjin and Ph.D. from Jaist, Japan. She now serves as the associate editor of Chinese Journal of Phonetics, the vice President of Phonetics Association of China, the vice chair of the SIG-CSLP, the Executive Committee Members of international Association of Chinese Linguistics and the steering committee member of Oriental COCOSDA.
- Author(s)Aijun Li
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- Series TitleProsody, Phonology and Phonetics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 61 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight600 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.