All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe last thirty years have seen an increased interest in the Bible as literature and story. Yet character appears to be neglected in both literary theory and narrative criticism. Indeed, there is t even agreement amongst scholars on how to approach, analyze and classify characters. Applying a comprehensive theory of character to the Gospel of John, Cornelis Bennema provides a fresh analysis of both the characters and their responses to Jesus. While the majority of scholars view most Johannine characters as flat, Bennema demonstrates that many are complex, developing, and round. John's broad array of characters and their responses to Jesus correspond to people and their choices in real life in any culture and time. This book highlights how John's Gospel seeks to challenge its readers, past and present, about where they stand in relation to Jesus.
- Author BiographyCornelis Bennema is senior lecturer in New Testament at Wales Evangelical School of Theology, UK, and Extraordinary Associate Professor, Unit for Reformed Theology and the Development of the South African Society, Faculty of Theology, North-West University, South Africa.
- Author(s)Cornelis Bennema
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.