All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChina is in the midst of unprecedented ecomic and cultural growth. In the last decade alone, China joined the World Trade Organization, hosted the 2008 Olympics and experienced a remarkable, record-high increase in its foreign currency reserves. As these changes unfold, frequency of contact between the Chinese and Westerners is dramatically increasing in the office, the classroom and the home.With thought-provoking glimpses into history and tradition, Encountering the Chinese provides fundamental information on Chinese cultural rms and values, giving clear context for contemporary social standards. Readers will learn the etiquette necessary to build successful personal and professional relationships with the Chinese both inside and outside the People's Republic of China. This revised edition of Encountering the Chinese also explains how Chinese values are changing rapidly-and why it is more important than ever to keep up. For instance, compliments, once declined out of modesty, are w widely accepted in coastal cities; and some terms of address that were proper to use only a decade ago have grown offensive. Encountering the Chinese provides invaluable insight into the diverse and changing Chinese culture.
- Author BiographyHu Wenzhong, Ph.D., of the Beijing Foreign Studies University, is also president of the China Association for Intercultural Communication and Fellow of the International Academy for Intercultural Research. Cornelius Grove, Ph.D., is the founder of Grovewell LLC, providing leadership development, executive coaching, team performance, and strategic consulting services to individuals and businesses in the international marketplace. He has authored numerous books and articles, including co-authoring Randomia Balloon Factory, the cultural diversity training game. Visit his website at www.Grovewell.com.
- Author(s)Cornelius Grove,Hu Wenzhong,Zhuang Enping
- PublisherNicholas Brealey Publishing
- Date of Publication16/05/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntercultural Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.