All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe Encyclopedia of British Horse Racing offers an invative approach to one of Britain's oldest sports. While it considers the traditional themes of gambling and breeding, and contains biographies of human personalities and equine stars, it also devotes significant space to neglected areas. Entries include: * social, ecomic and political forces that have influenced racing * controversial historical and current issues * legal and illegal gambling, and racing finance * the British impact on world horseracing * history and heritage of horseracing * links between horse racing and the arts, media and techlogy * human and equine biographies * venues associated with racing * horseracing websites The Encyclopedia of British Horse Racing provides a unique source of information and will be of great interest to sports historians as well as all those whose work or leisure brings them into the world of racing.
- Author BiographyWray Vamplew is Director of Research in Sport Studies at the University of Stirling, Scotland, UK. Joyce Kay has taught for many years at The Open University, and now also teaches the University of Stirling.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2004
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Series TitleRoutledge Sports Reference Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrank Cass Publishers
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJoyce Kay,Professor Wray Vamplew
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.