CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Encyclopedia of Local History addresses nearly every aspect of local history, including everyday issues, theoretical approaches, and trends in the field. This encyclopedia provides both the casual browser and the dedicated historian with adept commentary by bringing the voices of over one hundred experts together in one place. Authoritative yet accessible, comprehensive yet charming, Carol Kammen & Amy H. Wilson's volume is a deep resource for historical organizations of any size. The second edition features new essays about doing local history in each U.S. state and Canadian province and addresses problems, process, and techlogical changes in the field. Kammen and Wilson incorporate both techlogy and international perspectives to show how the field has grown in the 21st century. This book remains a handy reference tool that local historian's desk should be without!
- Author BiographyCarol Kammen is the author of several books, including On Doing Local History (2003), and writes the long-running History News editorial of the same name. She is the Tompkins County, N.Y., historian, has taught at Cornell University and a local community college for 25 years, has lectured across the country on local history. Amy H. Wilson is an independent museum consultant. She was first curator, then director of the Chemung County Historical Society in Elmira, N.Y., from 1997-2010.
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date03/04/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1194 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byAmy H. Wilson,Carol Kammen
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.