CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Encyclopedia of Military Science provides a comprehensive, ready-reference on the organization, traditions, training, purpose, and functions of today's military. Entries include coverage of the duties, responsibilities, and authority of military personnel and an understanding of strategies and tactics of the modern military and how they interface with political, social, legal, ecomic, and techlogical factors. A large component is devoted to issues of leadership, group dynamics, motivation, problem-solving, and decision making in the military context. Finally, this work also covers recent American military history since the end of the Cold War with a special emphasis on peacekeeping and peacemaking operations, the First Persian Gulf War, the events surrounding 9/11, and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and how the military has been changing in relation to these events.
- Author BiographyG. Kurt Piehler is director of the Institute of World War II and the Human Experience and associate professor of history at Florida State University. Prior to becoming the institute director in 2011, he held academic positions at the City University of New York, Drew University, Rutgers University, and the University of Tennessee. In 2008, he served as Fulbright Lecturer in American Studies at Kobe University and Kyoto University. As founding director (1994-1998) of the Rutgers Oral History Archives, he conducted more than 200 interviews with veterans of World War II. Piehler is the author of Remembering War the American Way (1995) and World War II (2007). He is editor of The United States in World War II: A Documentary Reader (2013) and co-edited The United States and the Second World War: New Perspectives on Diplomacy, War, and the Home Front (2010); The Atomic Bomb and American Society: New Perspectives (2009); and Major Problems in American Military History (1999). He served as associate editor of Americans at War: Society, Culture, and the Home Front (2005) and consulting editor of the Oxford Companion to American Military History (1999). Piehler edits two book series: World War II: The Global, Human, Ethical Dimension (Fordham University Press) and Legacies of War (University of Tennessee Press).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight6486 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine152 mm
- Edited byG. Kurt Piehler
- Contained items statement4 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.