All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis superb, fully illustrated reference offers the most up-to-date and essential facts on the identity, kinships, locations, populations and cultural characteristics of some 400 separately identifiable peoples native to the North American continent, both living and extinct, from the Canadian Arctic to the Rio Grande. This revised edition adds 32 pages, updates all facts and provides improved illustrations and maps. The abundance of illustrations and photographs form an especially rich store of material describing the vast range of Native American material culture. The maps are valuable pictorial representations of major historical events. Population and settlement trends based on the most recent US Census paint detailed portraits of all officially recognised tribes. The book includes: More than 300 colour and archival photographs, many of them improved selections; Extensive visual coverage of tribal dress and cultural artifacts; 21 regional maps, including prehistoric cultural and historic sites and tribe distribution maps, as well as maps showing movement of tribes and n-indigeus troops during conflicts, all updated as needed; More than 100 specially commissioned colour illustrations, also improved as needed. This is one of the most comprehensive, up-to-date and useful references published in recent years. Scholarly and accessible, it is an important record of the Native American peoples and an essential purchase for schools and libraries.
- Author BiographyMichael G. Johnson has researched Native American history and culture for more than 35 years, and has numerous books on the subject. In July 2000, he received The Denali Press Award from the American Library Association for the Macmillan Encyclopedia of Native American Tribes. He has visited more than 30 tribal communities and reservations.
- Author(s)Michael G. Johnson
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content Note100 commissioned artworks, 300 photos, 21 maps
- Weight1 g
- Width210 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Hook
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.