All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable for the first time in paperback, this classic reference surveys the field, covering rhetoric's principles, concepts, applications, practical tools, and major thinkers. Rhetoric is increasingly studied in the context of other disciplines, such as anthropology, linguistics, philosophy, psychology, and pedagogy, because its well-established rules and time-hored methods are useful for developing modern communications and writing skills. Drawing on the scholarship and expertise of 288 contributors, the Encyclopedia presents an overview of rhetoric and its role in contemporary education and communications, discusses rhetoric's contributions to various fields, surveys the applications of this versatile discipline to the teaching of English and language arts, and illustrates its usefulness in all kinds of discourse, argument, and exchange of ideas.
- Author BiographyTheresa Enos is founder and editor of Rhetoric Review and Professor of English at the University of Arizona, where she teaches writing and rhetoric. In addition to being the author of numerous publications on rhetorical theory and issues in writing, she is the editor of A Sourcebook for Basic Writing Teachers and Learning from the Histories of Rhetoric: Essays in Honor of Winifred Bryan Horner.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2010
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1428 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byTheresa Jarnagin Enos
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.