All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionSoftware engineering requires specialized kwledge of a broad spectrum of topics, including the construction of software and the platforms, applications, and environments in which the software operates as well as an understanding of the people who build and use the software. Offering an authoritative perspective, the two volumes of the Encyclopedia of Software Engineering cover the entire multidisciplinary scope of this important field. More than 200 expert contributors and reviewers from industry and academia across 21 countries provide easy-to-read entries that cover software requirements, design, construction, testing, maintenance, configuration management, quality control, and software engineering management tools and methods. Editor Phillip A. Laplante uses the most universally recognized definition of the areas of relevance to software engineering, the Software Engineering Body of Kwledge (SWEBOK(R)), as a template for organizing the material. Also available in an electronic format, this encyclopedia supplies software engineering students, IT professionals, researchers, managers, and scholars with unrivaled coverage of the topics that encompass this ever-changing field. ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE This Taylor & Francis encyclopedia is also available through online subscription, offering a variety of extra benefits for both researchers, students, and librarians, including: * Citation tracking and alerts * Active reference linking * Saved searches and marked lists * HTML and PDF format options For more information, visit Taylor and Francis Online or contact us to inquire about subscription options and print/online combination packages. US: (Tel) 1.888.318.2367 / (E-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org International: (Tel) +44 (0) 20 7017 6062 / (E-mail) email@example.com
- Author BiographyAbout the Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Phil Laplante is Professor of Software Engineering at Penn State's Great Valley Graduate Professional Center. He conducts research and teaches in the areas of software and systems engineering, project management, and software testing. In addition to his academic career, Dr. Laplante spent several years as a software engineer and project manager working on avionics, computer aided design, and software test systems. He has authored or edited 25 books (including three dictionaries) and has published more than 150 scholarly papers. Laplante received his B.S., M.Eng., and Ph.D. in Systems Planning & Management, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science, respectively, from Stevens Institute of Technology and an MBA from the University of Colorado. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and SPIE and a member of numerous other professional societies, program committees, and boards. He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania and a Certified Software Development Professional.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note300 black & white illustrations, 200 black & white tables
- Weight3742 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byPhillip A. Laplante
- Contained items statementContains 3 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.