All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThere is currently comprehensive reference work bringing both sports management and sports marketing all together in one place. This encyclopedia is designed to fill this gap in the literature. On the management side, it introduces principles and procedures of ecomics, budgeting and finance, leadership, governance, communication, business law and ethics, and human resource practices, all in the sports context. On the marketing side it explores two broad streams: marketing of sport and sport-related products and using sport as a platform for marketing n-sports products, as seen in celebrity endorsements of a particular brand of watch or the corporate sponsorship of a tennis tournament.
- Author BiographyLinda Swayne (Ph.D., University of North Texas) joined the University of North Carolina-Charlotte faculty in 1981, where she is now chair of the Marketing Department. She has served as president of the Charlotte Chapter of the American Marketing Association, Southern Marketing Association and Southwestern Federation of Administrative Disciplines. Dr. Swayne has written eleven textbooks. Her co-authored textbook, Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations, is in its fourth edition. She has published over 25 journal articles and scholarly papers and 30 case studies. Dr. Swayne was editor of the Case Research Journal from 1998 to 2001. She serves on the Steering Committee for the Metrolina Health Initiative, chairing the Marketing Committee. Previously, she served on the board of directors of the C.W. Williams Health Center, National Conference for Community and Justice, and the campaign board for the United Way of Central Carolinas. Mark Dodds is an Associate Professor teaching sport marketing and sport law at the State University of New York, College at Cortland. He holds a J.D. from Marquette University Law School, a M.B.A. with a sport management concentration from Robert Morris University and a B.S. in Marketing Management from Syracuse University. While at MULS, he earned a Sport Law Certificate from the National Sport Law Institute. His research area is focused on legal issues of sport, the use of sport in civic engagement, sponsorship activation and sport brand equity creation and has publish articles in journals such as: Marquette Sports Law Review, The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Journal of Sponsorship, International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing and College Athletics and the Law.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2013.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight6101 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine137 mm
- Edited byLinda E. Swayne,Professor Mark Dodds
- Contained items statementContains 4 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.