Encyclopedia of United States National Security by SAGE Publications Inc (Mixed media product, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $539.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $380.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionSAGE Reference is proud to anunce the Encyclopedia of United States National Security, Two-Volume Set. The Encyclopedia covers the origin, development and results of all major US national security policies over the last seven decades. National security has been a widely debated, yet highly researched topic that has tremendous global scope. However, there has never been a single, concise reference source to aid students in providing accurate and informative answers to the many challenging questions of how, why, when and where US national security evolved. A thoroughly interdisciplinary work, the Encyclopedia views US national security from a historical, ecomic, political and techlogical perspective. This Two-VolumeSset is arranged alphabetically and includes over 750 entries. Over 200 of the articles are signed. This, first of its kind encyclopedia, is a must-have resource for all academic and public libraries. Entries are arranged into the following categories: Politics/policy making; Ecomics; Techlogy; Wars; Presidential Administrations; Foreign Relations; and Strategic Policy.
- Author BiographyRichard Samuels is Ford International Professor of Political Science and director of the Center for International Studies. He has been head of the MIT Political Science Department, Vice-Chair of the Committee on Japan of the National Research Council, and chair of the Japan-US Friendship Commission. He has also been elected to the American Academy of Arts & Sciences and was awarded an imperial decoration, the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star by the Emperor of Japan and the Japanese Prime Minister. His study of the political and policy consequences of the 2011 Tohoku catastrophe is forthcoming from Cornell University Press. Samuels' Securing Japan: Tokyo's Grand Strategy and the Future of East Asia, was a finalist for the Lionel Gelber Prize for the best book in international affairs. Machiavelli's Children won the Marraro Prize from the Society for Italian Historical Studies and the Jervis-Schroeder Prize from the International History and Politics section of American Political Science Association. Earlier books were awarded prizes from the Association for Asian Studies, the Association of American University Press, and the Ohira Memorial Prize. His articles have appeared in Foreign Affairs, International Security, International Organization, Journal of Modern Italian Studies, National Interest, Journal of Japanese Studies, and Daedalus.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight3202 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine72 mm
- Edited byRichard J. Samuels
- Contained items statementContains 2 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.