All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionA quaint idea in the 1890s, the Olympic Games are w the foremost sporting event in the world. Information on the winners and medals abounds, but this unique book provides information on the events surrounding the Olympics: political controversies, scandals, tragedies, ecomic issues, and peripheral incidents. Covering specific games from the 1896 Olympics in Athens to the 2002 games in Salt Lake City, this volume also presents plans for the 2004 Athens games, 2006 Turin games, and the 2008 summer games. Enhanced with new illustrations, this book includes sections on both the Summer and Winter Games. Chrologically arranged entries cover each of the games, while appendixes provide further information, including details about the Olympic committees. Bibliographic information is provided with the entries, as well as in a general bibliography. A full subject index makes this volume the ideal reference for anyone interested in the colorful history and scope of the Olympics.
- Author BiographyJOHN E. FINDLING is Professor of History at Indiana University Southeast. In addition to being the author or editor of many books, he is the coeditor of the two Greenwood series Events That Changed the World and Events That Changed America as well as editor of the Greenwood series Histories of Modern Nations. KIMBERLY D. PELLE is a counselor in the admissions office at Indiana University Southeast. She is the coauthor/coeditor of the Historical Dictionary of World's Fairs and Expositions (1990) and Fair America.
- Date of Publication30/03/2004
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width180 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byJohn E. Findling,Kimberly D. Pelle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.