End of Discussion: How the Liberal Outrage Industry Shuts Down Debate, Manipulates Voters, and Makes America Less Free (and Fun) by Mary Katharine Ham, Guy Benson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey want to shut you up. But don't let this be the End of Discussion. In this fresh and provocative new book, Mary Katharine Ham and Guy Benson, dynamic Fox News and Townhall Media duo, expose how the Left exploits fake outrage to silence their political opponents--in public, on social media, at work, and even in their own homes. You've felt it and -End of Discussion- can help you fight it. The political correctness born on college campuses has mutated into a new hypersensitivity. It's weaponized in Washington, D.C. by a network of well-trained operatives, media, and politicians, and proliferated throughout the country. The new Puritans of the Left are quick to ban comedians and commencement speakers alike for the sin of disagreeing with them. They demand -safe spaces- while making dissent increasingly dangerous for Americans. Ham and Benson demonstrate just how dangerous the outrage industry--a coalition of mostly liberal blowhards and busybodies--is to America. The media frenzy they create is designed to disqualify opposing viewpoints on everything from health care to education by labeling them racist, sexist, and evil. They punish speech that makes them uncomfortable, demanding boycotts, censures, and people's jobs. They seek to win political and cultural debates by preventing them from happening. And if you think this behavior is relegated to political fights or politicians, think again. The same activists are ready to foment outrage over your association with the -wrong- fried chicken joints, Internet browsers, breast cancer charities, pasta, children's toys, Halloween costumes, TV shows, schools, and even comedians' jokes. With Ham and Benson's help, readers can cut through the ise and find their voices again, fighting back against the rampant self-censorship and hair-trigger apologies that always make things worse, t better. With fresh reporting and insightful, occasionally tongue-in-cheek analysis, End of Discussion is a timely handbook for anyone who wants to make sure debate doesn't meet an ugly death.
- Author BiographyFox News contributors and writers MARY KATHARINE HAM and GUY BENSON rank among the most recognizable and influential young conservatives in American media today. Ham serves as contributing editor to HotAir.com; Benson is political editor at Townhall.com. Close friends for nearly a decade, the pair has collaborated on numerous projects--coauthoring political analyses, cohosting radio shows, and speaking jointly to live audiences across the country.
- Author(s)Guy Benson,Mary Katharine Ham
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publishing Group, Division of Random House Inc
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.