All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery one of us will die, and the processes we go through will be our own - unique to our own experiences and life stories. End-of-Life Care and Pragmatic Decision Making provides a pragmatic philosophical framework based on a radically empirical attitude toward life and death. D. Micah Hester takes seriously the complexities of experiences and argues that when making end-of-life decisions, healthcare providers ought to pay close attention to the narratives of patients and the communities they inhabit so that their dying processes embody their life stories. He discusses three types of end-of-life patient populations - adults with decision-making capacity, adults without capacity, and children (with a strong focus on infants) - to show the implications of pragmatic empiricism and the scope of decision making at the end of life for different types of patients.
- Author BiographyD. Micah Hester is Associate Director of the Division of Medical Humanities and Associate Professor of Medical Humanities and Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas Medical System, as well as clinical ethicist at Arkansas Children's Hospital. The author and editor of eight books and numerous journal articles, he coordinates the Pediatric Ethics Consortium as well as the Pediatric Ethics Affinity Group of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities.
- Author(s)Micah D. Hester
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width137 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.