All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionEndangering Science Fiction Film explores the ways in which science fiction film is a dangerous and endangering genre. The collection argues that science fiction's cinematic power rests in its ability to imagine 'Other' worlds that challenge and disturb the lived conditions of the 'real' world, as it is presently kwn to us. From classic films such as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Solaris to modern blockbusters including World War Z and Gravity, and directors from David Cronenberg to Alfonso Cuaron, contributors comment on the way science fiction film engages with dangerous encounters, liminal experiences, sublime aesthetics, and untethers space and time to question the very nature of human existence. With the analysis of a diverse range of films from Europe, Asia, North and South America, Endangering Science Fiction Film offers a uniquely interdisciplinary view of the evolving and dangerous sentiments and sensibility of this genre.
- Author BiographySean Redmond is Associate Professor in Media and Communication, School of Communication and Creative Arts at Deakin University. Leon Marvell is Associate Professor of Film and Digital Media in the School of Communication and Creative Arts at Deakin University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleAFI Film Readers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLeon Marvell,Sean Redmond
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.