All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the best-selling vel, Ender's Game tells the thrilling story of the fight to save the world from a devastating future. Now, in this official companion volume, the behind-the-scenes world of the film is brought into stunning focus. Following an attack by an alien race kwn as the Formics--narrowly countered thanks only to the efforts of legendary war hero Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley)--Earth has been preparing itself for the next wave in the conflict. The fate of humanity lies in finding the next Mazer from a crop of the brightest young minds on the planet. Under the watchful eye of the International Fleet, the venerated Colonel Hyrum Graff (Harrison Ford) has been tasked with overseeing their training. Before long, a standout emerges among them: Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy but prodigiously talented misfit. His potential discovered, Ender is promoted to Command School, where he will soon find the war with the Formics to be more complex than he could have ever imagined. Packed with in-depth interviews, removable posters and army badges, stunning concept art, unparalleled access to the visual effects archives at Digital Domain, and countless full-color images, this insightful insider's view of the making of Ender's Game will bring fans closer into the world of the movie, following cast and crew as it is brought to dazzling life. Also featuring Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit) as Petra Arkanian, Viola Davis (The Help) as Major Gwen Anderson, and Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) as Ender's brilliant older sister, Valentine.
- Author BiographyJed Alger is the author of The Art and Making of ParaNorman. An advertising writer and creative director with more than twenty years of experience, he has worked on some of the biggest, most challenging brands in the world--Google, Twitter, IBM, Microsoft, Starbucks, Target, Electronic Arts, and Hewlett-Packard among them. Jed graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in philosophy and received his MFA in creative writing from Columbia University. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Jed Alger
- PublisherInsight Editions
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Note15+ Inserts
- Weight1266 g
- Width235 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.41Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.