Ender's World: Fresh Perspectives on the SF Classic Ender's Game by BenBella Books (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.91+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperience the thrill of reading Ender's Game all over again Go deeper into the complexities of Orson Scott Card's classic vel with science fiction and fantasy writers, YA authors, military strategists, including: Ender prequel series coauthor Aaron Johnston on Ender and the evolution of the child hero Burn Notice creator Matt Nix on Ender's Game as a guide to life Hugo award--winning writer Mary Robinette Kowal on how Ender's Game gets away with breaking all the (literary) rules Retired US Air Force Colonel Tom Ruby on what the military could learn from Ender about leadership Bestselling YA author Neal Shusterman on the ambivalence toward survival that lies at the heart of Ender's story Plus pieces by: Hilari Bell John Brown Mette Ivie Harrison Janis Ian Alethea Kontis David Lubar and Alison S. Myers John F. Schmitt Ken Scholes Eric James Stone Also includes never-before-seen content from Orson Scott Card on the writing and evolution of the events in Ender's Game, from the design of Battle School to the mindset of the pilots who sacrificed themselves in humanity's fight against the formics
- Author BiographyOrson Scott Card is the author of the novels Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Speaker for the Dead, which are widely read by adults and younger readers, and are increasingly used in schools. Besides these and other science fiction novels, Card writes contemporary fantasy (Magic Street, Enchantment, Lost Boys), biblical novels (Stone Tables, Rachel and Leah), the American frontier fantasy series The Tales of Alvin Maker (beginning with Seventh Son), poetry (An Open Book), and many plays and scripts. Card was born in Washington and grew up in California, Arizona, and Utah. He served a mission for the LDS Church in Brazil in the early 1970s. Besides his writing, he teaches occasional classes and workshops and directs plays. He recently began a long-term position as a professor of writing and literature at Southern Virginia University. Card currently lives in Greensboro, North Carolina, with his wife, Kristine Allen Card, and their youngest child, Zina Margaret.
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication21/02/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmart Pop
- Out-of-print date31/03/2017
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byOrson Scott Card
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.