All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionWith the growth of threats and violence in higher education settings, college campuses are increasingly expected to have systems in place to identify potentially aggressive individuals and intervene to ensure the safety of the campus population. This book will be useful for student affairs professionals as well as college counselors, psychologists, social workers interested in the practical management of aggression and violence on a college campus. It will also be a valuable resource for those involved in creating and running behavioral intervention teams and threat/risk assessment teams. Ten case studies from both the community and residential college settings provide a comprehensive overview of campus violence and how to intervene to prevent it. Pertinent background information is discussed as an introduction to these narratives, such as the fundamentals of aggression and violence on campuses; how these behaviors can impact students, faculty, and staff; and what can be learned from past campus violence. Along with discussion questions and a review of ways to approach each situation, experts in higher education, forensic risk assessment, law enforcement, and legal issues weigh in on each case study. Their perspectives offer a context and broad base of opinions and ideas on how each case could be handled. Additional examples for further training of the college counselor are given through a detailed look at almost 100 incidents of violence, including thwarted attacks, rampage shootings, and hostage situations.
- Author BiographyBrian Van Brunt, EdD, is Director of Counseling at Western Kentucky University and former President (2010-2011) of the American College Counseling Association (ACCA).
- Author(s)Brian Van Brunt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white line drawings
- Weight861 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.