All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFBI operative Raymond W. Holcomb's assignments took him across America, the Middle East, Afghanistan, and Africa, and involved espionage, counter narcotics, Mafia takedowns, national security, Special Weapons and Tactics, and much more. He and his men captured the terrorists behind the 1993 assault on the World Trade Center, investigated the bombings of U.S. embassies, and pursued the killers of the seventeen American sailors who died in the 2000 suicide attack on the USS Cole. After 9/11, he assisted in interrogating Yemeni prisoners who had information about the attack, which led to identifying al Qaeda and some of the hijackers. After the capture of one of 9/11's most lethal masterminds, he went on a secret followup mission to Afghanistan. Holcomb's memoir provides detailed information about the FBI that only a longtime bureau insider can reveal, such as prison conditions and interrogation techniques in Guantanamo and Afghanistan. He describes hunting down and grilling criminals of every ilk around the world, and then creating and leading the FBI's elite cadre of counterterrorism agents who were at the helm of every major post-9/11 investigation, including the infiltration of homegrown conspiracies. Holcomb's absorbing account gives anyone interested in the training and activities of the FBI's elite tactical units a window into these highly effective organizations within the bureau.
- Author BiographyRaymond W. Holcomb is a terrorism consultant for the federal government. He retired from the FBI in 2005 after twenty-two years of service. His most recent position was as assistant section chief of the Counterterrorism Operational Response Section, Counterterrorism Division, FBI headquarters. In 2002 he was a prosecution consultant on the trial team of Zacarias Moussaoui, the only planner of the 9/11 terrorist attacks to be convicted to date. Holcomb lives in Arlington, Virginia. Lillian S. Weiss is a practicing attorney and a freelance writer, speechwriter, and editorial consultant. She lives in Voorhees, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Lillian S. Weiss,Raymond W. Holcomb
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.