All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis vel tells the story of a real-life Australian hero, photographer, explorer and adventurer Frank Hurley. It is a story told through his eyes and in his words, and it reveals a tantalising portrait of the man behind the legend he has become.Hurley's photographs and documentaries of Douglas Mawson's and Ernest Shackleton's Antarctic expeditions, and his astounding images of World War I have been so widely exhibited and reproduced that in many cases they are the principal means by which we have come to see those world-shattering events. His iconic images of the ship Endurance trapped in an ocean of ice, of men battling the most extreme elements in the Antarctic, and suffering under unthinkable conditions in war are imprinted on the Australian consciousness. One writer has claimed that Frank Hurley 'is the twentieth century'.Here w is the man, Hurley, telling us of his part in the two ill-fated Antarctic expeditions and recounting tales of great heroism and suffering as he fights for his life among the ice and the elements, and witnesses the worst ravages of war on the Western Front. Endurance is an extraordinary debut vel, a rollicking white-knuckle adventure story that also takes us to the very heart of heroism and sacrifice.
- Author BiographyTim lives in Sydney with his wife and four children. He works as a lawyer and arbitrator, and has a keen interest in Australian history. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Tim Griffiths
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication08/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight490 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.