All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- Description* Inspires teenagers with fresh, exciting content, culture pages, project work and songs. * Develops students' vocabulary with a controlled syllabus, Memory Tips and the unique Memory Gym. * Helps students to organise their learning and check their progress with the Wordstore vocabulary tebook. * Builds students' confidence with grammar practice in real-life contexts, check pages, regular communication and skills practice. * Shows learners how to write with Writing Tips and a step-by-step guide in the Writing Gym. * Responds to all students' needs through cross-curricular content and mixed-level solutions.
- Author BiographySteve Elsworth has a BA and an MA in English from Lancaster University. He started his career teaching English in Turkey in 1977, a time which also included writing materials and working with Turkish Radio. On his return to the UK, Steve taught for two years at International House, London. He also spent time in Oran, Algeria, setting up an English programme at the Institute of Telecommunications, Steve has taught short-term courses in English for Accountancy at the European Business School, London. Steve Elsworth is the author of over twenty-five ELT titles, including material for the best-selling Longman courses, Discoveries and Strategies. In the mid-1980s, Steve took time off from ELT, writing for various newspapers on acid rain and air pollution. He worked as an environmental consultant for, among others, the Swedish and Canadian governments, and wrote two books on the environment during this period, Acid Rain (1984) and A Dictionary of the Environment (1990). Steve worked for Greenpeace as a Campaign Director from 1988 to 1992, a period which gave him extensive media experience. Steve is now a full-time writer of ELT materials. With Jim Rose, he is the successful author of 'Go!' and 'Energy'. Jim Rose has a BSc in Ecology from Exeter University and an MA in Applied Linguistics from Lancaster University. After spending time touring and teaching in Africa Jim returned to the UK and started teaching at International House, London - the beginning of a ten-year association with I.H. He became a teacher trainer at I.H. and spent one a half years in Brazil setting up a teacher training department. In the UK, Jim established a self-access centre and computer facility in I.H. While working in London he co-founded TEA (Theatre in English Abroad) a small company of actors and teachers that performed mimes and simple language plays for students of all ages across Europe. In 1987 Jim became Director of Studies for Teacher Training at International House in London. In 1991 he left London to complete an MA at Lancaster University and in 1992 took up a post at the university lecturing on Managing Development in ELT. Jim is now a full-time writer of ELT materials and lives in Lancaster with his family. With Steve Elsworth he is the successful author of 'Go!' and 'Energy'.
- Author(s)Jim Rose,Steve Elsworth
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication19/02/2004
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Longman
- Width203 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Reading Age14-18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.