Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionEnergy risk has reappeared on the corporate and social agenda with a bang and the complexity of the issues has increased many-fold since the days of the last great wave of concern following the oil crises of the 1970s. Steven Fawkes' Energy Efficiency is a comprehensive guide for managers and policy-makers to the fundamental questions underpinning energy-efficiency and our responses to it: what do we really mean by energy efficiency? what is the potential (in different dimensions)? why it is important? what management processes lead to optimisation of energy efficiency? what techlogies are useful for improving energy efficiency? what policies can be used to promote energy efficiency? how can energy efficiency be financed? how can energy suppliers engage with energy efficiency? The result is the most comprehensive review to-date of the barriers and opportunities associated with improving energy efficiency. Clearly written and erudite, Steven Fawkes addresses every aspect of energy efficiency, including the huge and vitally important untapped potential offered by effective energy management and the application of existing techlogy. He also identifies barriers, such as the rebound effect and how they can be mitigated and he provides a comprehensive review of invative energy efficiency financing options. This book is a 'must read' for anyone with an interest in energy supply and demand reduction.
- Author BiographySteven Fawkes is Chairman of Day One Energy Solutions and a Non-Executive Director of Bglobal plc. Prior to that he led the Extel number 1 rated research team in New Energy and Clean Technology at Matrix. Following a PhD about energy efficiency, Steven worked for more than twenty years implementing energy management programmes in the UK and for the EU, UNDP and USAID in Romania. He co-founded two Energy Service Companies, one in Romania and one in the UK which became part of RWE npower. Steven is a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Energy Institute. Steven has published widely and has presented at numerous conferences in Europe, the USA, Africa and Asia. He has been an adviser to the Energy Efficiency Deployment Office in the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change. In November 2012 he was awarded the Energy Institute's Individual Achievement Award. Find out more on his blog at www.onlyelevenpercent.com.
- Author(s)Steven Fawkes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 2 b&w illustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.