Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionEnergy is the mainstay of industrial societies, and without an adequate supply of energy the social, political and ecomic stability of nations is put into jeopardy. With supplies of inexpensive fossil fuels decreasing, and climate change factors becoming more threatening, the need to conserve energy and move steadily to more sustainable energy sources is more urgent than ever before. The updated Second Edition of this successful handbook includes chapters from leading experts on the ecomics and fiscal management of energy, with a focus on the tools available to advance efficiency and conservation measures. Updated coverage of renewable energy sources, energy storage techlogies, energy audits for buildings and building systems, and demand-side management is provided. The appendix of the handbook provides extensive data resources for analysis and calculation.
- Author BiographyD. Yogi Goswami is a distinguished university professor and director of the Clean Energy Research Center at the University of South Florida. He conducts fundamental and applied research on solar thermal power and cooling, photocatalytic detoxification and disinfection, thermodynamics, third-generation photovoltaics, and hydrogen production and storage. Professor Goswami is the editor in chief of Solar Energy and Progress in Solar Energy. He has published as an author or editor 19 books and more than 375 refereed technical papers. He also holds 17 patents, some of which have been successfully commercialized. Frank Kreith is professor emeritus of engineering at the University of Colorado, Boulder, USA. He received his MS in engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles, USA and his doctorate from the University of Paris in 1964. From 1953 to 1959, he was associate professor of mechanical engineering at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA. In 1959, he joined the University of Colorado, where he held appointments as professor of mechanical and chemical engineering. He was senior research fellow at the Solar Energy Research Institute, and has consulted for NATO, the U.S. Agency of International Development, and the United Nations.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication03/10/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note144 black & white illustrations, 60 black & white tables
- Weight972 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byD. Yogi Goswami,Frank Kreith
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.